Summer is here and everyone is anticipating the perks the season brings with itself. However, one part remains neglected! Bodycare during these hot and humid months! Did you know that the key to having healthy and flawless looking skin is a regular weekly exfoliation routine? Plus more than your face, your body needs it! But is it really necessary to invest in expensive body scrubs? The answer is - NO’. We don’t need to and we shouldn’t invest in such expensive body scrubs. Instead, it’s better to go for a good, all natural DIY body scrub and here’s why:1. Natural body scrubs don’t have preservatives in them unlike packaged body scrubs
2. You can make a scrub customised to your skincare needs
3. It won’t cost you a dime!
WHY DOES YOUR BODY NEED A SPECIAL EXFOLIATION ROUTINE?
Our bodies are naturally most exposed to sunlight, dirt & pollution and the least cared for. We tend to take good care of our facial skin while we ignore our body. Especially during summers, we are more exposed to higher UV index and other harsh environmental stressors. Our bodies don't have as many sebaceous glands as we have on our facial skin. And here’s how it makes a difference! Sebaceous glands produce the necessary oils which aid in moisturising and protecting your skin. This is why it becomes important to have a special exfoliation routine for your body as well!
BENEFITS OF EXFOLIATION:1. Regular exfoliation helps with dull skin by removing the dead skin cells which might be contributing to the dullness
2. It helps in making the skin look smoother and healthier
3. It helps with better absorption of your body care products. When any hydrating or moisturising products are used post exfoliation, they sink into the deeper layers of your skin & nourish greatly
HOW OFTEN YOU SHOULD EXFOLIATE YOUR BODY?
Exfoliating two to three times a week is a safe option for all skin types. You might be impatient to see the results but it’s recommended to go slow and steady!
Here are some of the Best Natural Body scrubs which you need to try today!:1. Coffee Body Scrub
2. Yogurt Body Scrub
3. Matcha Green Tea Body Scrub
4. Brown Sugar & Honey Body Scrub
5. Oatmeal Body Scrub
HOW TO MAKE BODY SCRUBS AT HOME YOURSELF?
Body Scrubs for Glowing Skin:
1. Coffee Body Scrub for Ageing Skin:
Coffee has strong antioxidant properties. It accelerates the blood flow and fights premature signs of ageing. It also helps with cellulite and stretch marks. It gets rid of your tan without being harsh on your skin.
How to make your own Coffee Body Scrub at Home:
1. Take ½ cup of ground coffee and add 1/4th cup of sugar to it
2. Add 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
3. Mix well and then use the mixture on clean skin for exfoliation
2. Yogurt Body Scrub
Yogurt has brightening, moisturising and toning properties. It is packed with B Vitamins which act as a natural lotion for the body. Overall, it’s a great ingredient for those with dry skin.
How to make your own Yogurt Body Scrub at Home:
1. Take 1 tbsp of Yogurt, add it to 1/4th cup of Olive oil
2. Mix well and add 1 tbsp of honey
3. Leave the mixture aside for 5 minutes then add 3 tbsps of sugar
4. Use the mixture on clean skin to start exfoliation
3. Matcha Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea is packed with antioxidants which help in protecting and repairing the skin. Matcha is great for detoxifying and purifying the skin. These two ingredients are great for summer body care & superb ingredients for an exfoliation routine.
How to make your own Matcha Green Tea Scrub at home:
1. Add 2 tbsps of loose green tea in ½ cup of hot water & let it cool
2. Add 1 cup brown sugar to a bowl
3. Add 1 cup of matcha powder and mix well
4. Add 1/4th cup of olive oil to this and mix thoroughly, then add the green tea water to the mixture.
5. Use this mixture on clean skin to start exfoliation
4. Brown Sugar and Honey Scrub
Honey helps in soothing, moisturising and repairing your skin. It also protects your skin from any UV damage. Brown sugar is packed with essential minerals and acts as a great natural scrub when used for exfoliation.
How to make Brown Sugar Honey Scrub at Home:
1. Add ½ cup of brown sugar to 1/4th cup of Olive oil
2. Melt the mixture and add 2 tbsps of honey
3. Use this mixture on clean skin for exfoliation
5. Oatmeal Body Scrub:
Oatmeal is one of the best natural exfoliating ingredients. Especially for dry and dehydrated skin that lacks nourishment. Colloidal oatmeal is clinically proven to help sensitive skin which is why it is a well known ingredient used in drugstore moisturisers as well!
How to make Oatmeal Body Scrub at Home:
1. Take ½ cup uncooked oatmeal and add ½ cup of brown sugar to it
2. Take the mixture and add ½ cup of honey and 1/4th cup of jojoba oil
3. Mix this well and apply on clean skin to start the exfoliation process
How to apply your DIY Body Scrubs correctly?1. Apply the body scrub on clean and slightly damp skin
2. Start scrubbing in small circular motions
3. Scrub your skin gently for no longer than 30 secs
4. Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse with lukewarm water
5. Make sure you moisturise your skin post exfoliation
6. Make sure you apply a broad spectrum sunscreen to avoid any sun damage as the skin becomes more photosensitive after exfoliation
Although these are some really amazing natural DIY body scrubs, it’s always best to consider your skincare needs and requirements while choosing the ingredients for a natural body scrub for your skin. You will definitely see a change in your skin once you start exfoliating on a weekly basis!
- Anshika Yadav