The festive bells are ringing, ‘tis the season of merriment and embracing the new year!
During this wonderful time of the year, we are looking forward to all the social gatherings, family get-togethers, work parties, Christmas dinners and not to mention - the sinful festive treats! If you're health-conscious but also have a sweet tooth, it can be a task to resist the temptation of indulging in decadent treats.
Your sweet cravings can be healthy
One of our ultimate resolutions is to eat healthy. Why don’t we do that a little early and call it the perfect ending to new beginnings? You can enjoy all the delights of this holiday guilt-free! The secret? Making shrewd replacements with healthy superfoods like protein mixes.
Superfoods are the key to guilt-free indulgence
A popular nutritional supplement is protein powder. Protein is an essential macronutrient that promotes enzyme and hormone production, muscular growth, and tissue healing. Consuming protein powder may aid in weight loss and tone your muscles.
In today's health-conscious society, people are becoming more conscious of their diets and the effects it has on their bodies. Protein mixes help meet the needs of the body. In order to improve not only our mind and body but also our mood and immunity, one should consume superfoods.
One may feel content for longer by consuming foods high in protein and taking supplements. This results in fewer snacking sessions, aiding you in maintaining a healthy weight!
It’s time to uplift your festive spirits with some holiday breakfast or dessert treats! Let the guilt-free indulgence begin with our two-holiday recipes for health freaks!
1. No Bake Protein Balls with Cosmix’s No Nonsense Plant Protein
Is there any festive season where we don’t feel like indulging in chocolate? Most of the recipes for bite-sized treats are sugar-laden: they have more refined sugar than cacao. But with our superfood recipe, you’ll get the nutrients in the easiest, no-bake way possible!
Cosmix No Nonsense Plant Protein (Indonesian Cacao) is a healthy blend of Grade A+ organic rice protein isolate, Indonesian Cacao and Cocoa blend, Vegan Plant Milk Powder and Kerala Vanilla Bean Powder.
Its no-nonsense list contains:1. Zero gut-irritating gums and enzymes
2. Zero sugar or stevia
3. Zero ‘natural identical’ or synthetic flavours
Ingredients:1. ½ cup dates
2. 1 cup cashews
3. ¼ desiccated coconuts
4. 1 tbsp cacao powder
5. 1 scoop of Cosmix No Nonsense Plant Protein (Indonesian Cacao)
The method:1. Blend all the ingredients in a grinder to create a smooth paste
2. Apply a little pressure & roll them into small balls
3. Garnish with desiccated coconut in the quantity you desire
4. Put the protein balls in the refrigerator for an hour, then serve!
2. Double Chocolate Protein Mug Cake with Cosmix’s No Nonsense Plant Protein (Classic Unflavoured)
This is where magic meets deliciousness! When you're craving cake, a Mug Cake is a perfect snack! It’s colourful, packed with protein, extra chocolatey, and easy to make in 10 minutes.
Cosmix No Nonsense Plant Protein (Classic Unflavored) is made up of Grade A+ organic pea protein isolate, Grade A+ organic rice protein isolate, and a proprietary digestive herb blend of ginger, fennel, cumin, and fenugreek. This can help improve stamina and curb cravings while meeting your protein requirements.
Our recipe will surely please your sweet tooth!
Ingredients:1. Oat Flour
2. Coconut Sugar
3. Cacao Powder
4. A scoop of Cosmix’s No Nonsense Plant Protein
5. Baking Powder
7. 1 egg (optional)
8. Vanilla Extract
9. Coconut Oil
10. Dark Chocolate
11. Salt to taste
The Method:1. In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: oat flour, sugar, cacao powder, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. Blend the wet ingredients: Milk, coconut oil, and egg, and mix until smooth.
3. Divide the batter into 2 medium mugs. Place a piece of dark chocolate in the middle to make it rich and gooey.
4. Microwave each cake for 45 seconds. The cake is ready to be removed from the microwave when the edges look moist.
5. Top with your favourite berries or any other toppings of your choice.
The above recipes are proof that binge-ing in a healthy way is also possible. Eat your proteins and still enjoy sumptuous treats to your heart’s content. Make this a memorable December by experimenting with new recipes! Let us know in the comments if you've tried any of the above recipes!
– Salonee Salian