When it comes to skincare, layering is key. The order in which you apply your skincare products can greatly affect their effectiveness, so it's important to know the proper order to get the most out of your routine. Here are some tips, tricks, and benefits of skincare layering:
1. Maximises the benefits of each product: Skincare layering allows each product to penetrate the skin and provide maximum benefits.
2. Addresses multiple skin concerns: Skincare layering can address multiple skin concerns by using different products to target specific issues, such as dryness, acne, or fine lines.
3. Helps to improve the appearance of the skin: Skincare layering can help to improve the appearance of the skin by providing hydration, reducing inflammation, and promoting cell turnover.
Tips and tricks:
1. Layer products in order of thickness: Start with the thinnest products and work your way up to the thickest products to ensure that each product can penetrate the skin.
2. Wait a few minutes between each layer: Wait a few minutes between each layer to allow the product to absorb into the skin before applying the next layer.
3. Apply sunscreen last: Apply sunscreen as the last step in your skincare routine to ensure that it can effectively protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
4. Mix products together: Mix products together to create a customised skincare routine that addresses your specific skin concerns.
5. Use products that are suitable for your skin type: Choose products that are suitable for your skin type, whether it be oily, dry, or combination skin.
Here is a step-by-step guide to skincare layering:
Step 1: Cleanse
The first step in any skincare routine should be to cleanse your skin. This removes any dirt, oil, or makeup that may have accumulated on your skin throughout the day or night. Use a gentle cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type, and be sure to thoroughly rinse your face with warm water. We recommend the Lisen Divine Radiance Cream To Foam Cleanser which is super air-light & deals with dryness & an uneven texture.
Step 2: Tone
After cleansing, it's important to use a toner to balance your skin's pH levels and remove any remaining impurities. Apply a small amount of toner to a cotton pad and swipe it over your entire face, avoiding the eye area. Use the Dr. Sheth’s Gulab & Glycolic Toner to reduce your blackheads & whiteheads.
Step 3: Serum it up
Serums contain active ingredients that are designed to target specific skin concerns, such as fine lines, acne, or hyperpigmentation. Apply a small amount to your face and neck, using gentle, upward motions. For fine lines, acne & pigmentation, we highly recommend the MartiDerm DSP-Bright Serum Ampoules, which combat these skin concerns & give you clear skin.
Step 4: Eye cream
The skin around your eyes is delicate and requires special attention. Apply a small amount of our True Kind Phyto-Retinol & Peptide Eye Cream to your ring finger and gently pat it around your eye area, being careful not to pull or tug at the skin.
Step 5: Moisturise
A moisturiser is important for all skin types, even oily skin. It helps to hydrate your skin and lock in moisture, keeping your skin looking healthy and radiant. Apply a small amount of the Deconstruct Hydrating Moisturiser to your face and neck, using gentle, upward motions.
Step 6: Sunscreen (daytime only)
During the daytime, it's important to protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 50 like the Acorelle Face Sunscreen | Certified Organic or higher such as the Pure Bubbles SPF 60 Too Cool For Sun to your face and neck, making sure to reapply throughout the day if you are spending time outside.
In conclusion, following these steps and tips will help you to create an effective skincare routine that will keep your skin looking its best. Remember to be patient and consistent, as it may take time to see results, but with the right products and a proper layering technique, you can achieve your best skin yet!
- Harshita Shah