Bid Bye To Post Workout Acne & Irritation With The Best Tips & Tricks!
It is said by dermatologists that when we work out, there is an increase in the flow of the blood to the skin which leads to sweating which in turn leads to post workout acne. Have you ever thought about this process? Can workout cause acne? While exercising, the body releases sweat. This sweat causes acne, especially when the same clothes are worn for a long period of time. This can also lead to irritation, redness and rashes for some people.
Even when someone goes to workout with makeup on their skin, they allow bacteria and sweat to get trapped into their skin, which again is a cause of acne getting built up.
For those of you who are looking for a solution for your acne and zits, this is the perfect piece of information for you! These are a few tips which can help you when it comes to treating or preventing post workout acne. Do remember that at any stage, what your dermatologist suggests is the final call you need to take! (Always consult your doctor before starting any acne treatment!)
Tips & Tricks To Reduce Post Workout Acne
If your workouts are causing your skin to breakout, these are the tips to prevent acne! There are many tips and hacks which can help you reduce your post workout acne. We are mentioning a few down below.
1. While exercising, you should always wear loose clothing and feel at ease. If you wind up wearing sweaty, ill-fitting clothing, you will trap moisture in your skin, which will encourage the growth of acne.
2. Before using the exercise equipment, clean it. Be careful to wipe down the treadmill, dumbbells, and kettlebells before utilising them for exercise. Since oil and impurities must contact your skin in order for acne to emerge, it will make sure that neither do.
3. Avoid touching your face all the time. Tie your hair properly so you don't have to keep adjusting it away from your face. Dirt and bacteria get transferred into your skin with repetitive touching and end up clogging your pores. For this same reason, you should use non comedogenic products like the Acne Combat Skincare Set by Plum which is very effective & fights acne and acne marks.
4. NEVER spend an extended period of time in sweaty attire. To prevent moisture buildup, always take a shower after your workout or change into dry clothing once you get home. If you use care and caution, the acne will be less severe or not present at all.
5. Blood flow to the skin increases when you workout. It results in your pores opening. For this reason, always remove your makeup with a cleanser such as the Fae Beauty No BS Face Cleanser so no sweat and bacteria are trapped in enlarged pores. This will save you from zits too!
6. Visit a dermatologist if your acne is in the worst possible stage since you have no other choice. Ensure that you get the right guidance at the right time and take preventive measures before your acne gets worse .
7. It is well known that hair oils and products can aggravate acne-prone skin. Use the appropriate product for you, pull your hair back into a bun or ponytail, and keep it off your face to minimise oil buildup.
8. Using anti-bacterial wipes to sanitise your electronic items is equally important. Sweat and moisture can easily get transferred into your phones and headphones and this becomes a breeding-ground for germs and acne-producing bacteria. Ensure that you sanitise your electronic devices as much as possible .
9. Using anything formulated with micellar water and giving a fake full body wash with a cleansing cloth will leave the skin feeling moist, not dry or stripped. This will also be helpful in making you feel fresh, in turn leading to no acne on your skin .
10. To get rid of any buildup, unclog pores, and keep your face clean and fresh before working out, wash your face right before you begin. While at the gym, use a cold towel to assist you wipe away perspiration, dirt, and impurities.
11. When it comes to acne skincare, using a toner like the Yellowave Squalane Toner or a face mist like the Plum Green Tea Revitalising Face Mist or an elixir like the Hemis Face Elixir will help in keeping your skin fresh.
12. Treating the skin with a salicylic acid product like the Natural Vibes Acne Clarifying Face Serum or benzoyl peroxide product will also be beneficial. This is one of the major steps in the skincare for acne or for acne-prone skin. Wash your face immediately after workout and apply either of these products which will ensure that you don't face the issue of post workout acne.
Foods To Eat & Prevent
Diet also plays an important role when it comes to your skincare routine or acne skincare order. It will either reduce acne or trigger acne or prevent acne. Here are some of the commonly-known triggers of acne:
1. Milk & Dairy Products
3. Refined Grains
4. Fast Food, Junk & Processed Food
Here are a few foods which you should consume in order to keep your acne at bay:1. Probiotics
2. Green Tea
4. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
5. Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
6. Consuming Enough Water
Make sure to carry a pack of body wipes in your gym bag if you have a workout scheduled for yourself soon. You won't get acne, zits, or any other breakouts after your workout if you follow our suggestions. Your skin will feel revitalised and non-sticky. You'll need to take a shower, carry moist wipes with you, watch what you eat, and go to the dermat as and when needed. Maintaining a hygienic skincare and body care routine will definitely take you places, especially one where acne doesn't exist!
- Harshita Shah